5 Advantages of Dental Implants
- Posted on: Oct 15 2019
At Boutique Smiles of Manhattan, patients in the community of New York, NY who are interested in restoring their smile following tooth loss or extraction may be told to consider the benefits of dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts used to replace a missing tooth root. The post is placed surgically into the bone of the jaw for a proper foundation, and can be restored in several different ways. Today, Dr. Angela Abernathy and her team will advise patients on the five primary advantages of dental implants.
- Dental implants are permanent. Because dental implants are placed into the bone of the jaw, they are held into place after bone growth through osseointegration. As long as patients maintain their oral health and wellness and take care of their smile, they will enjoy their dental implant for a lifetime!
2) Dental implants are versatile. Dental implants can act as a solution for many different situations. They may be placed to replace a single tooth with a dental crown, or anchor a dental bridge in place on one or both sides. Alternatively, the dental implant may be used to stabilize full dentures.
- Dental implants are natural-looking. Dr. Angela Abernathy ensures that all restorative procedures in her practice provide a natural appearance. Her focus on cosmetics as well as function will ensure patients have a dental restoration they can trust and enjoy.
- Dental implants maintain bone. Once a dental implant is placed, the bone of the jaw will grow around the implant through a process known as osseointegration. Osseointegration ensures that patients do not lose bone , which is typical with lost natural teeth.
- Dental implants are a smart investment. Since dental implants can last a lifetime, they are one of the smartest investments patients can make in their smile!
Request an appointment with the team of Boutique Smiles of Manhattan today
If you are interested in finding out if dental implants are right for you, connect with Dr. Angela Abernathy and her team of professionals at Boutique Smiles of Manhattan. Call (212) 262-2952 and visit us personally at 141 East 55th Street, Suite 2B. Dr. Angela Abernathy welcomes new patients and families into her practice and encourages patients to take a proactive approach with their dental health and wellness.
Posted in: Dental Implant